The Basics & Getting Started
Remember, to be eligible for prizes, submissions must be EITHER a new Microsoft Office 365 Add-in (extension) OR integrate at least one of the following Microsoft Office 365 APIs (Mail, Calendar, Files, Photos/Video, or Contacts - or Microsoft Graph).
Please note that the "Best Pre-Coded App Idea" award does not share these requirements.
In order to build an app using Microsoft Office 365 APIs or Add-in tools you’ll need a Microsoft Developer Account. Get one for free here!
To build an Add-in you may need to connect to Napa Office 365 Development Tools.
Tutorials and Useful Links
We know everybody needs a little boost now and then. Below are a number of links that will help guide you to relevant documentation and development tools.
- Microsoft Office Dev Center: http://dev.office.com/
- Office 365 APIs and the New Microsoft Graph http://dev.office.com/getting-started/office365apis
- Office API Sandbox https://apisandbox.msdn.microsoft.com/
- Office Add-In Samples and technical guidance http://dev.office.com/getting-started/addins
- Office Code Samples http://dev.office.com/codesamples
- Office training videos http://dev.office.com/training
- Office 365 Dev Program: http://dev.office.com/devprogram
- Office Developer GitHub Repo: https://github.com/OfficeDev
- OfficeDev Training and Samples:https://github.com/OfficeDev/TrainingContent/tree/master/O3653
- OfficeDev Training and Deep Dives: https://github.com/OfficeDev/TrainingContent/tree/master/O3653/O3653-8%20Deep%20Dive%20into%20the%20Office%20365%20Unified%20API
- Office 365 Technical Podcasts http://dev.office.com/podcasts
- Smartsheet API: Smartsheet is a powerful work collaboration tool that integrates with Office 365 and Azure Active Directory.
Have a question?
We’re here to help and we welcome your questions. Please send us a note via the discussion board, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.